Saturday was our annual wdsa Christmas Party. Its an event the whole family enjoys. Its great that the Christmas event has had a resurgence, originally starting when Emily was a baby around 8 years ago.
After the success of last year, we decided why ruin a good formula and stuck with the great venue at Knox Church in Lower Hutt. It is fully fenced, has great breakout rooms, toys, a sandpit and plenty of parking. What is not to like?
The BBQ was cranking with sausages donated by Premier Beehive in the Wairarapa.
Fairy Cat and Friends entertained the kids with stories, songs, bubbles and general fun while our face painter created some amazing spidermen and rainbows.
After loading the kids up on ice blocks, the eagerly awaited highlight was of course Santa! He brought presents and did not disappoint!
Most of the kids and parents needed to go home for a little late afternoon nap to recover.
You can see more pictures in our Facebook album here
- The wdsa committee especially Deborah and Sarah for all the setup and organising to make this year a success.
- Fairy Cat and Friends – for entertaining our kids again this year.
- Wairarapa businesses Premier Beehive for donating our sausages and Breadcraft for giving us the bread
- Richard and Annabel Whinam our BBQ pros
- Santa (and Santa’s helper Scott Morrison)
- Sue Greenbank – our fantastic Face Painter